Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Obama-Nation?

Important Preamble:
It has occurred to me (actually it was gently pointed out to me)that some if not all of my blog postings may come across a little preachy. I apologize if they read that way. It is an unfortunate by-product of my passion for the subject matter. It is certainly not my intent to sound as if I know the condition of your heart and can, with but a few words address and direct you to solutions for all your problems.
The entries I make into this blog are MY STORY, my own journey of sanctification. This process involves me and my Savior and His plans for me. He is making His desires for my life known to me by gently molding me, as a potter shapes his clay. Chipping away the unwanted bits of my life, as a sculptor shapes his artwork. It is a messy process.
As He is whittling away the World in me, I am finding that I respond with renewed appreciation for who my Lord really is and what He has in store for me. In my life I have know a fair number of people who kept a journal or diary. I have never successfully done so, though I have tried a number of times in the past and have always valued the idea.
This blog is, I find, accomplishing that goal for me. Capturing my own growth process, in real time, is the intent, the goal, and the purpose of my entries into this blog. To a large extent, I am sharing the blog with the reader to admit my own shortcomings and my slow understanding of what God truly expects of me. I would be both saddened and discouraged if I, in any way, offended you the reader. I hope that you enjoy its contents and humbly ask that you pray for my spiritual growth.
That being said…


If you have read even one of my blog postings, you will likely come away thinking that I enjoy the use of creative titles. This posting is no exception. When this title first occurred to me is uncertain. What is certain, however, is that my original intention in writing it was to paint a rather horrible portrait of one of our presidential candidates, Barack Hussein Obama. Like a lot of conservative Christians, I receive much e-mail regarding the presidential race and the character of the Democratic hopefuls. So often, claims of wrong doing or supposed exposure of hidden agendas are the central focus, with little or no proof to support the allegations.

I too have read the following about Barack Hussein Obama:

· Not placing his hand over his heart when reciting the pledge of Allegiance.
· That he was sworn into Congress on the Quran because he is Muslim
· That his book “Audacity of Hope” stated he would stand with the Muslims if the political winds shift.

With just an hours worth of real research into these claims, I discovered that quite a bit of injustice is being done the man. He does indeed place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance (but perhaps not during the singing of our National Anthem); he was sworn into Congress with a Bible (unlike the Minnesota congressman Keith Ellison) and his book “Audacity of Hope has been misquoted more than once.

We all are aware that virtually every political campaign is negative. It is far easier to tear a man (or woman) down that to build one up and it is very easy to believe the worst about someone you already have differences with. We can also get so caught-up in the issues that divide us that we can forget our humanity and start treating people with disrespect and indifference.
Christ’s message of love would have us treat our political adversaries with love and in doing so, win them over. As His ambassadors to the world we have quite a responsibility to carry out the ministry of reconciliation given us. I know that I am committed to do my own research and as best I can, be a voice for Christ. For if I claim to be His and have not love, that would be an abomination.

My journey continues and I chose to remain ALL IN!

No comments: